Saturday, December 19, 2020

Bible DISCOVERY 13: The LOST Years of JESUS

 

Psalm 69:1-4

King James Version

69 Save me, 

O God; 

for the waters are come in unto my soul.

2 I sink in deep mire, 

where there is no standing: 

I am come into deep waters, 

where the floods overflow me.

3 I am weary of my crying: 

my throat is dried: 

mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.

4 They that hate me without a cause 

are more than the hairs of mine head: 

they that would destroy me, 

being mine enemies wrongfully, 

are mighty: 

then I restored that which I took not away.


Do you know how the LORD JESUS' life was, from the time He astonished the doctors at the temple when He was but 12 years old, up until His ministry at age 30?

That's 18 years we are not aware of.

How did the LORD fare?

How was His life?

How was His preparation?

Thanks to the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD, He led me today to those lost years, through the second Christmas story video of Dr. Chuck Missler in the previous post, who spoke of Psalm 69 as those lost years.

Dr. Missler feels those missing years were sad for the LORD.

He must have been ostracized, for His "illegitimacy".

Of course, the seemingly most illegitimate birth -- born of virgin birth -- is the MOST LEGITIMATE birth of all.

The LORD took on the sins of the world, and that must have been quite a childhood, and adulthood.

Here are more telling verses:

Psalm 69:7-9

King James Version

7 Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; 

shame hath covered my face.

8 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, 

and an alien unto my mother's children.

9 For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; 

and the reproaches of them that reproached thee 

are fallen upon me.


Psalm 69:11-12

King James Version

11 I made sackcloth also my garment; 

and I became a proverb to them.

12 They that sit in the gate speak against me; 

and I was the song of the drunkards.


Psalm 69:17-20

King James Version

17 And hide not thy face from thy servant; 

for I am in trouble: 

hear me speedily.

18 Draw nigh unto my soul, 

and redeem it: 

deliver me because of mine enemies.

19 Thou hast known my reproach, 

and my shame, 

and my dishonour: 

mine adversaries are all before thee.

20 Reproach hath broken my heart; 

and I am full of heaviness: 

and I looked for some to take pity, 

but there was none; 

and for comforters, 

but I found none.


And the most telling verse of all, authenticating that this is the LORD JESUS speaking:

Psalm 69:21

King James Version

21 They gave me also gall for my meat; 

and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.


The complete Psalm 69.


Updated 22 January 2022


Three GOD traits

  Isaiah 40:25 King James Version 25 To whom then will ye liken me,  or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One . How much do you know about GO...