Saturday, January 16, 2021

Bible DISCOVERY 17: JESUS and the RESTRAINER

 

Have you noticed something significant about JESUS, and the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD -- the "Restrainer"?

There's something very telling.

And you need to know.

When Jesus left, 

the "Comforter" came.

When the "Restrainer" will leave, 

that's when JESUS will return.


The "Comforter", and "Restrainer", are but a few names for the SPIRIT of GOD.

Pay attention to these verses:

Before JESUS was "taken away".

John 14:16-18 

King James Version

16 And I will pray the Father, 

and he shall give you another Comforter,

 that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; 

whom the world cannot receive, 

because it seeth him not, 

neither knoweth him: 

but ye know him; 

for he dwelleth with you, 

and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: 

I will come to you.


John 14:26 

King James Version

26 But the Comforter, 

which is the Holy Ghost, 

whom the Father will send in my name

he shall teach you all things

and bring all things to your remembrance, 

whatsoever I have said unto you.


John 16:7 

King James Version

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; 

It is expedient for you that I go away: 

for if I go not away, 

the Comforter will not come unto you

but if I depart, 

I will send him unto you.


Before the RESTRAINER is "taken away".

2 Thessalonians 2:6-7 

King James Version

6 And now ye know what withholdeth 

that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work

only he who now letteth will let, 

until he be taken out of the way.


When JESUS returns.

Revelation 22:10-15 

King James Version

10 And he saith unto me, 

Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book

for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: 

and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: 

and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: 

and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, 

I come quickly

and my reward is with me, 

to give every man according as his work shall be.


If you are God's own, you can feel a palpable "tension" in the air, of knowing the RETURN of JESUS is imminent.

You can almost hear the cries of the downtrodden, the faithful in CHRIST, waiting for the LORD's return.

But only God knows when.

Up until such time, the HOLY SPIRIT -- the "Restrainer" -- holds the Tribulation back, until Jesus comes back for His faithful.

That's why, it's time to turn to JESUS now.

Become born again, and you'll know what you need to know, for things of the SPIRIT must be "spiritually discerned".

1 Corinthians 2:14 

King James Version

14 But the natural man receiveth not 

the things of the Spirit of God

for they are foolishness unto him: 

neither can he know them

because they are spiritually discerned.


Related material:

The PURPOSE of the HOLY SPIRIT

REVERE the HOLY SPIRIT

LAST days PROPHECY made CLEAR

It's ALL preparation NOW

SPIRIT of GOD


Updated 18 June 2022


Three GOD traits

  Isaiah 40:25 King James Version 25 To whom then will ye liken me,  or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One . How much do you know about GO...